Awards, Accomplishments and Credentials
- Institutional research analyst since August 1979 visiting manufacturing companies upwards of 50 days per year ever since. Site studies of geology, forestry and steel mill metallurgy, engineering and design. Worked for Morgan Guaranty Trust, Oppenheimer & Co., Inc., DLJ, Bernstein, Pru.
- Ranked 42 times on Institutional Investor All-American Team 1982-2005 in the metals, steel, gold and nonferrous metals categories. For example, ranked first 5 times and second twice in the seven years it had a gold category.
- Inaugural inductee into Institutional Investor Hall of Fame December 2011.
- Inaugural inductee into Wall Street Journal research Hall of Fame 1997.
- Founded John Tumazos Very Independent Research, LLC in mid-2007 after Prudential Equities Group shut down June 6, 2007. Enjoyed 31 institutional research clients immediately in first year.